Do you know that 88% of people trust online reviews written by others as much as they trust personal recommendations from their friends? When was the last time you bought something online without looking at the rating?
Reviewing someone is never a bad idea. Telling people that you are the best in your business won’t influence them as much as compelling them to see your praises from other people's reviews.
Ratings and reviews are known to be essential for any type of business. You purchase a product or service, knowing that people before you already have that and feel good enough to take out time and write about it. So, let’s get you some amazing reviews:
Importance of Reviews in Your Career
You cannot disagree that reviews are one of the best ways to increase customer engagement.
Before we go straight into the ways of collecting reviews, let’s talk about why they are so important in the first place:
- Trust and Credibility: A business with an impressive number of positive reviews along with a few negative remarks indicates that it has already established credibility.
- Helps Your SEO: You must know that several aspects affect your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) rankings on the internet. The more your brand name is mentioned online, the more relevant it becomes on the search engine.
- Aids Purchase Decisions: As mentioned earlier, we do not usually buy anything nowadays without looking at the reviews. So, if you want someone visiting your page to make a purchase, you better show them all your genuine customer reviews to influence them.
- Connects You With Your Customers: Genuine reviews help you emotionally connect and bond with your clients or customers. Connections or networking can go a long way in any business.
- Improves Customer Experience: Customers are happy to buy from a brand that is legit and won’t leave them disappointed. Once they have gone through all your reviews, they can just sit back, relax, and wait for their order to reach them.
- Get Valuable Feedback: People don’t just leave reviews; they also leave feedback. Some intelligent ones might also point out an error or drawback of your product or service. It helps you grow, improve and learn from your mistakes so that you have to provide better next time.
Ways To Collect Reviews Using Rivista App
- Analyse, Evaluate, and Proceed: It is necessary to take inventory of what you have accomplished so far. Analyse if your services deserve reviews and evaluate your current goals. Set new goals and action plans if you feel like you lack something or need improvement. Monitor your progress to date. After all, you have to earn the reviews you will be getting based on the value you provide.
- Download the App and Register: Register with your phone number
- Build a Strong Profile Add all the necessary information to make your profile look professional and credible
- Ask for Review/testimonial: You can add the details of the reviewer and customise it to send
- Get a personalised shareable link
- Share, collect & grow your testimony
Proven Ways to Collect More Reviews!
- Be straightforward and open from the beginning
- Communication is key
- Guarantee your work
- Be Comprehensive
- Stay professional
How You Should Not Ask For Reviews
While reviews play a vital role, there is a right way to do it. If you go about it the wrong way, it may lead to a bad impression and break the trust you spent so much time building. So, avoid these approaches while asking for reviews:
- Incentivizing with Gifts or Discounts: Well, if you are considering offering gifts or discounts in exchange for reviews, just don’t. It will not do you any good, the reviews will not be true, and you might end up in a loss.
- Buying Reviews: Simply put, it's unethical. You cannot offer money in exchange for reviews because the word gets out, you know. You may end up buying reviews instead of selling your product or service.
- Asking Apologetically: There is nothing to feel afraid about asking for reviews. After all, studies suggest that 67% of people are generally willing to leave reviews after their purchase and share their experiences.
- Not Responding to Reviews: A person leaves reviews in the hope that it reaches the brand or individual it was meant for. Good or bad, always acknowledge or respond back to your reviews.
How to Handle Negative Reviews?
You will agree that no one can avoid bad reviews all the way. You will experience turbulence and negative opinions at various points in your career. Maybe not all of them will make sense to you, but you should act wisely and address them.
Addressing negative reviews shows you are legit and present for your customers. Here are some tried methods to ace your negative review responses and make things right:
- Respond Quickly: People usually disconnect from the brand after leaving bad feedback. So, the more quickly you respond to negative reviewers, the more chances they will see to it.
- Acknowledge Grievances: It's important to apologise or show empathy towards a reviewer if they feel bad or have complaints.
- Take Responsibility: The last thing a reviewer wants is an excuse. Don’t get too defensive. Take responsibility for your product or service and rebuild confidence. If you can fix an issue without bearing much cost, fix it!
- Provide An Explanation: If you also have a side to represent, go for it. Depending on the reviewer’s experience and complaint type, you owe them an explanation.
- Take Discussion Offline: If you feel something’s unfair, and want the reviewer to take down their review, don’t say it. It leaves a bad impression on other potential customers. Never argue with a customer. You can consider handling the reviewer offline if things go out of control.
Reviews give customers peace of mind, and the Rivista app takes care of that. They build a trustworthy image by displaying the past reactions of your customers. Rivista app provides effective ways to get that social proof that your customers, companies, and clients are desperately looking for before investing in your product or service.